A Soundboard That Earns Its Crown
SX Series soundboards share the same DNA as our world-renowned flagship CFX. The soundboards and ribs are crafted from hand selected European Spruce to deliver warm overtones and a wide range of colors.
Matured To Perfection
A patented wood maturation process we call A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) allows our craftsmen to precisely control the moisture content in the hand-selected wooden rims of every SX Series piano. The result is a warm, intimate tone with the sustained resonance comparable to a vintage instrument.
A Powerful, Natural Resonance
The back posts have been thickened to give SX Series pianos a robust backbone to project the most powerful fortissimo while maintaining its rich, resonant sound. A time-honored assembly process decreases the use of glue on the inner and outer rims so nothing gets in the way of the natural vibrations of the wood.
A More Expressive Hammer
Yamaha craftsmen spent years shaping the finest materials into a hammer that helps create warm, powerful tones with a full range of beautiful, subtle colors.
Hand-Wound Bass Strings
Our artisans painstakingly wind pure copper by hand to adjust the balance and tension of every bass string in this superb instrument. You can hear the attention to detail in every note.
Voiced, Regulated And Tuned By Master Technicians
Each SX Series piano is meticulously voiced, regulated and tuned in our Concert Piano Workshop to bring out the nuanced colors, harmonics and resonance from these superb instruments.
Advanced V-Pro Frame
Yamaha was the first company to use an advanced Vacuum Shield Mold casting technology called V-Pro to create a stronger, lighter, more durable frame worthy of the grandest grand piano. Every SX Series frame is built to our exacting specifications at our Iwata Forge in Japan.
You Can't Take Your Ears, Or Eyes, Off It
The SX Series is made for the stage, with graceful curves that are as elegant and expressive as its unmistakable tone.
S5X/DS5X ENPRO Specs
White Key Surface
Black Key Surface
Wood Process Composite
SX Series Special
Lid Prop Safety Stop:
Disklavier Model Exclusive:
414.8 HZ- 466.8 Hz (Tunable in ±0.2 Hz)
Piano Silencing Mechanism:
Yes (Motor-driven hammer shank stopper)
CFX Binaural Sampling/CFX Stereo Sampling
Number of Polyphony (Max.):
Number of Voices(Playing):
16 (Piano, Electric Piano 1-3, Harpsichord 1 & 2, Vibraphone, Celesta, Pipe Organ 1-4, Jazz Organ, Strings, Choir, Synth Pad)
Number of Voices(Playback):
480 XG Voices & 12 Drum Kits
Number of Built-in Songs:
500 (Pop, Jazz, Classical, Smart Key etc. 380 piano solo songs (PianoSoft Solo), 72 songs with instrumental accompaniments (PianoSoft Plus), and 48 songs with audio backing (PianoSoft Audio))
Compatible Data Format:
SMF (Standard MIDI File, Format 0 & 1), MP3, WAV
Mini Stereo Jack x2
USB TO DEVICE:
USB TO HOST:
USB Flash Memory (Optional):
Non-contact Optical Fiber Grayscale Shutter Sensing System for 88 keys (Sensors for the key position, keying velocity, and key releasing velocity)
Non-contact Optical Fiber/grayscale Sensing System
Damper & Shift pedal: Non-contact Digital Optical Position-sensing System, Sostenuto pedal: ON/OFF Detection Sensing System
DSP Servo Drive System (High-power servo-controlled solenoids with supersensitive magnetic sensor, Key/hammer sensor feedback)
DSP Servo Drive System (Servo-controlled solenoids)
AC100 V - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Monitor Speaker x2*, Speaker Hanger x2*, Stereo Headphone, Operation Manual, Built-in Song List, Music Book 50 Greats for the Piano, USB Wireless LAN Adaptor (UD-WL01)
- Matching Piano Bench
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Red Key Cover
- 10 Year Warranty On Acoustic Pianos: From cabinet to keys, legs and strings, if any defect or issues arise with any aspect of your piano we will take care of everything at no charge! Yamaha takes pride on the quality of their pianos and we believe in Yamaha's craftsmanship to stand behind this amazing warranty promise.
- If you are considering a Hybrid Piano that is both acoustic and digital…There’s more!
- 5 Year Warranty On Digital Portion Of Hybrid Pianos: From circuits to connections, wiring and hardware, if any defect or issues arise with any aspect of your piano we will take care of everything at no charge! Yamaha takes pride on the quality of their pianos and we believe in Yamaha's craftsmanship to stand behind this amazing warranty promise.
- 3 Year Extended Popplers Warranty (no extra charge): We want to be sure you have every confidence when buying a Yamaha piano! To be sure, Yamaha is the leader in quality, craftsmanship, and piano technology, and you will can expect many years of trouble-free music making without surprise expenses or repairs. We are so confident in this quality that we are giving you 3 additional years of warranty, beyond the standard 10 year coverage, at NO additional cost…our Popplers Promise to you!
- Hybrid Pianos will also receive a 3 year Extended Warranty on the digital portion of the piano!
- Free Shipping
- Popplers Piano Trade-Up Program
- Direct Text Support
- Free Warranty Upgrade
- Video Owners Manual (coming soon)
- Financing Promotions
- Remote Video Training with Product Experts
- 15-Day Return Policy