Touch, pedal feel, reverberation, and resonance—by all metrics, the N3X meets or surpasses the demands of even the most discriminating pianist.
It starts with a true acoustic action. More than 5,000 genuine parts, meticulously crafted to deliver the unmistakable touch of a Yamaha acoustic piano. Yamaha's groundbreaking innovations recreate the sound and feel of two legendary concert grand pianos, from the natural vibrations of the strings to the subtle harmonics and rich overtones. All with the power, colors and shadings for the most demanding repertoire. The more you play AvantGrand, the more you realize it’s not just a revolution in digital pianos. It’s a revolution in the piano.
The superb natural feel of a real piano action
The NU1X represents the next evolution in hybrid piano technology melding the Yamaha pedigree of unparalled piano craft with progressive digital innovation. Employing a real acoustic upright piano action that intuitively connects player and piano, the NU1X offers a gratifying dynamic experience. The result is an instrument that not only pays tribute to its acoustic counterpart but exceeds all expectations.
Legendary Piano Samples
To play an AvantGrand means access to the actual sound profile of two legendary concert grands: the Yamaha CFX and the Bösendorfer Imperial. Whether you prefer the bold, expansive palette of the CFX, or the warm, rich Vienna tones of the Imperial, switching between the two is simple.
The authentic feel of a grand piano pedal
The NU1X features a damper pedal that recreates the subtle changes in resistance experienced when using a grand piano pedal. What’s more, the NU1X's damper pedal allows you to use the same half-pedal techniques that you would with a grand piano, offering detailed control over sustain and reverberation.
A fully immersive headphone experience
Headphone connectivity wasn’t just an added formality for the NU1X. Thanks to our advanced binaural sampling technology, the sound you hear through your headphones is remarkably lifelike. This technology uses piano samples recorded by specialized microphones that capture locational information and other nuances discerned by the human ear. The resulting sound is so natural, so enveloping, that you’ll soon forget you’re even wearing headphones at all. (CFX Grand Voice only)
An elegant complement to any room
The elegant simplicity of the NU1X blends effortlessly into any setting, adding an air of distinction without being imposing. Inheriting the superb sound and playability of the AvantGrand series of pianos, the NU1X offers the warmth and natural presence of an acoustic instrument in a stylish, compact form.
Intelligent UX and Integration
Behind its simple control panel, the NU1X hosts an abundance of connectivity options for maximum functionality and integration with external devices. It can be connected directly to computers and mobile devices via USB, sound and recording systems via audio cables, act as a Bluetooth receiver, and integrate with iOS apps via WiFi.
USB Audio/MIDI Connectivity
USB Audio/MIDI connectivity allows you to connect the piano directly to your Mac or PC for easy audio and MIDI integration.
This feature allows you to record audio and MIDI directly into your favorite DAW software, such as Steinberg Cubase, without the need for a separate computer interface.
*Cubase series software is not bundled with this product, and must be purchased separately.
150.1 cm (59-1/8")
102.4 cm (40-5/16")
46.3 cm (18-1/4")
111 kg (240 lbs.,11 oz)
Number of Keys:
Specialized Upright Piano Action for NU1X
GP Responsive Damper Pedal
Number of Pedals:
Damper (with half pedal effect), Sostenuto, Soft
Non-contact Optical Fiber
Spatial Acoustic Sampling
Yes (CFX Grand Voice only)
Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM)
Number of Polyphony (MAX):
Number of Voices:
Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC):
Number of Preset Songs:
50 Classics, 15 voice demo songs
Number of Songs:
Number of Tracks:
Approx. 550 KB/Song
SMF (Format 0,1)
SMF (Format 0）
-6 - 0 - +6
414.8 – 440.0 – 466.8 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz increments)
Recording Time (MAX):
WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo)
WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo)
Approx. 1.5 MB
External Drives Support:
USB Flash Drive
Standard Stereo Phone Jack (x 2)
[L/L+R] [R] (Standard Stereo Phone Jack)
USB TO DEVICE:
USB TO HOST:
Auto Power Off:
Spatial Acoustic Speaker System:
(45 W + 45 W) x 2
(16 cm + 1.9 cm) x 2
Polished Ebony, Polished Brilliant White
- Bench: Includes a matching bench. Styles may vary depending on model. BC108BK (Matte Black), BC108DW (Dark Walnut), BC108PE (Polished Ebony), BC108DR (Rosewood)
- 50 Classical Music Masterpieces: Enjoy this compilation songbook of the most popular and beautiful classical piano songs by Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, and many others.
- Headphone Hanger:: A conveniently located hanger under the piano for easy headphone storage.
- Owners Manual: Learn about the features and care of your instrument in this comprehensive manual.
- Power Adapter: PA-300C
- 10 Year Warranty on Acoustic Components and 5 Year Warranty on Digital Components: YAMAHA will, at its option, repair or replace the product covered by this warranty if it becomes defective, malfunctions or otherwise fails to conform with this warranty under normal use and service during the term of this warranty, without charge for labor or materials. Repairs may be performed using new or refurbished parts that meet or exceed YAMAHA specifications for new parts. If YAMAHA elects to replace the product, the replacement may be a reconditioned unit. To learn more about this, and other Yamaha warranties, please visit our website.
- 3 Year Extended Popplers Warranty (no extra charge): We want to be sure you have every confidence when buying a Yamaha premium piano! To be sure, Yamaha is the leader in quality, craftsmanship, and piano technology, and you will can expect many years of trouble-free music making without surprise expenses or repairs. We are so confident in this quality that we are giving you 3 additional years of warranty, beyond the standard 5 year coverage, at NO additional cost…our Popplers Promise to you!
- Free Shipping
- Popplers Piano Trade-Up Program
- Direct Text Support
- Free Warranty Upgrade
- Video Owners Manual (coming soon)
- Financing Promotions
- Remote Video Training with Product Experts
- 15-Day Return Policy